Summer 2016 Anime Survival Guide

Another season another list of series, what’s worth watching?

This is the age old question anime fans ask every 3- 4 months. We research, we explore and we give our hearts over to a new anime each season in hopes that they will be taken care of, instead they are thoroughly torn apart. I’m looking at you: Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress

Yet on occasion we do find a jewel or two amongst the hoards of mundane Slice of Life, trope ridden harems and poor CGI mechs. Ok maybe I’m being a little harsh, but don’t worry that’s why we’ve put together this:

Summer 2016 Anime Survival Guide*

In no particular order:

• Shokugeki no Soma S2 - First season was silly, amazing, food’gasm and actually had a great plot. You should also start reading the manga too. This is the anime that will get you through those hot summers days when all you’ve got is Baijia Single Noble Black Bone Chicken Flavor Instant Sweet Potato Ramen.

• 91 Days – This might be 91 times better than DAYS (seriously though, read the synopsis for this). A good mystery is all ways welcome!

• ReLIFE – Time seems to be the theme of the year! Except this time it’s about some kinda old guy going back to high school to hit on high school girls. Sounds kinda creepy and Japanese and exciting. The full series is already out.

• Berserk – Not my personal cup of tea, but it is Berserk. Hopefully will also be this seasons holy grail for CGI anime.

• Orange - A Time themed anime, how novel. But seriously, listen to this: “One day, Naho Takamiya receives a letter written to herself from ten years in the future.” Come on man you wanna know what it says right? This show comes recommended.

• Tales of Zestiria the X - Last but not least is this seasons Wild Card. The prologue episode was amazing, the anime a combination of CGI looks fluid and was not distracting, overall this could shape up to be the season highlight for me, hopefully! If you’re interested check out the OP:

Bonus

• Your Name - All you need to know that you want to see this movie is the trailer:
Disclaimer:

@Fugitive will not be liable to you (whether under the law of contract, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the state of ones well being, both physical or mental, or otherwise in connection with, the use of the Summer 2016 Anime Survival Guide. Please use at your own risk, and when the anime stops being fun stop, please, stahp, seriously don’t it’s not worth it. http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/3879/167/original.gif